Sunday, September 13, 2009

Review: La Mer Lip Balm



Buy it here for $45.

I could not find the exact ingredients on the box or on the pamplet but it does state that "there is nothing miraculous about its ingredients-- a blend of sea kelp, vitamins, minerals plus oils of citrus, eucalyptus, wheat germ, alfalfa, and sunflower. But the way those ingredients journeyed through a 3-4 month bio-fermentation process made all the difference between a good moisturizer and a small miracle."

My Thoughts:
This lip balm is the best that I have ever used. All the other lip products (Vaseline, Burt's Bee, MAC Lip Conditioner, Beautymaker Princess Repairing Lip Balm, etc) that I have used before only left a layer of protection to prevent water loss. It took days to see results. This lip balm does leave a layer of protection just like the others however, it softened and relieved the dryness that I was experiencing this past week with the 1st application. Also, one application lasted me for hours. Another thing I love about this product it it is minty which is refreshing to me. I love minty lip products!!

Overall, I am in love with this product. It is kind of pricey but it is definitely worth it! My only problem now is that now that I have tried this amazing lip balm, will I be able to go back and use my older lip balms? :)

I will not hesitate if I have to buy this again.

Rating: 5/5



Another important thing to mention is that Shanghainese Dumpling (Ena) is hosting her 1st blog giveway!! Check out her blog for her amazing skincare tips!!

For more info, click here.

-Yui

7 comments:

amynaree said...

sounds like a great product! my lips are always dry so i definitely will have to add this to my wishlist... thanks for the review!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow that lip balm sounds amazing & thank you for posting about my give away :)

♥akisa♥ said...

did it reduce lip lines?? So far I haven't found a product that achieves that yet, although fuzkittie says it reduced hers. Let us know!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Great review! I always wondered about this product.

FriendzCentury said...

Thanks for the review, it looks like I'm gonna have to get my hands on a tub of this lip balm. I have the same question as Akisa regarding the reduction of lip lines??

mrsdumpling422 said...

Yes it definitely reduced my lip lines! Haha... Now that you mention it, my lips appear to be plumper. Maybe because it is really moisturized? :)

Toothfairy said...

oh I'm so thankful for this review haha! Now I'm def. going to get this! I was hestitating whether to get it or not, but after this review, I think I just hop by the store friday night!

*loves*