Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Future Tag + Gorgeous Blogger Award + Dinner Party Tag

I'm finally posting after a few weeks... Emily had tagged me but I had to do some searching. How do I see myself dressing in the future? Where do I want to go?










I want to go:





The cute Amy had tagged me a little while back too for the Gorgeous Blogger award! She is so sweet! I love her blog. If you have not checked out her blog already, take a lookie here.

The rules of this award is to list 6 interesting facts:

1. I like to read. I think it started around 4th or 5th grade when a teacher purchased American Girl books... Withing a year or so, I could read a adult novel (not kids books or young adult) in a day. Teachers that chose me to read out loud has always complained that I read tooooo fast and that I am toooooo robotic! LOL! I would love to have more time to read nowadays... BTW, my fav AG was Samantha.
2. I have so many subscriptions to fashion magazines, a dresser that is overflowing, and a walk-in-closet that can fit no more, full of pretty girly things but I wear the same type of clothes most of the time: a pair of jeans and a solid colored t-shirt. I own skirts and shorts but I don't like my legs so I'm actually whiter than both my White co-workers (yes, we did a comparison!!) because they don't touch day-light. I am considered very boring because I am matchy-matchy all the time but I like what I like so what can I do? I can't please everyone. A site that I buy from a lot: Shirt.Woot. Here is one of my fav designs from the site:


3. I love soups/stews. Even when it's 100 degrees out, I don't mind having it. I never understood how my father could drink a hot cup of tea every morning even during the summer until recently. A few of my favorites are Clam Chowder from Outback Steakhouse, Haemul Jeongol (해물전골), and Chicken Abalone (Chinese version!!).

pic from wikipedia

4. I used to have a beauty mark on my left cheek but I had it removed by laser a few years ago.

Eva Mendes

5. I have always been interested in Cosplay but never had a chance to wear an actual one. A dress I always wanted to wear from Card Captor Sakura:



6. I am a ABC, American born Chinese. Technically not true because I was not born in the US although I have been here since being 2 months old. I am called ABC by friends who has attended school for a few years in Hong Kong.... I am pretty fluent in Cantonese (I have no accent but I may not understand some harder words) and it is all thanks to TVB!!! LOL! I grew up watching dramas. :) 2 of my current fav even though kinda old:




Wonderful Amy also tagged me to do a virtual dinner party! Hosting a dinner party is really fun so I hope you have a good time!

The question is: If you were going to allow us to spend a night at your home, we'd like to know the following:

1. What books are on your favorite shelf?
I do not currently have many books on my bookshelf besides textbooks, loads of magazines, and cookbooks. All my books are packed away in my parent's attic because I only have 1 bookshelf in my apartment. All the books I have read the past few months were from the public library in my town.

2. What DVD's are on your favorite shelf?
Haha... I don't have a favorite shelf because I only have 1 shelf. I don't own many DVD's... I have a lot of Studio Ghibli films such as My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle. I used to have Netflix before so I never really needed to purchase an actual DVD and now I have On Demand!

3. What are your 2 favorite cookbooks?
Vignette of Korean Cooking and Bento Boxes.

4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests.
Hong Hap Tang (Simple Mussel Soup), Bulgogi (served with rice and many other Korean sides), and paht bing soo!


5. What will we drinking that is available?
Water, Lemon Iced Tea, Calpico Lychee, Calpico Mango, Aloe Vera Juice, and non-virgin Pina Colada! My friends say that I make a "mean"(whatever that means, LOL) drink!


You you ladies all enjoyed your night!

Now I'm going to tag the following lovely ladies for all 3 if you have not done these already:

ShanhaineseDumpling (Ena)
Aralka (Julia)
hellodenysia
ohmypetticoat (Lisa)
aniiita89
friendzcentury
akisalove
PinkMonkey (Emily)

-Yui

7 comments:

amynaree said...

Thanks for doing the tag! This was such a fun read.

I am the same way I have a closet full of over flowing clothes but every morning I think to myself "I haven't a thing to wear!". I love woot sites and have ordered stuff from shirt woot before too but my fav site for tees would have to be threadless!

Your dinner menu sounds yummy I love Korean food especially korean bbq meats!

Anna said...

i used to read lots of those Sweet Valley books (twin gals?) i wonder if im just too old to connect with anyone here as i dont see them on borders shelves anymore >.<

oo the satin floral print is a must wear! im a sucker for satin!

xoxo elle
ps: nice blog design!

Emily said...

wah! thanks so so much for doing my tag, I seriously love all your picks and all the clothes, love your style, its so pretty

omg omg!! *high five* i used to read american girl books too, they were my favorite, i liked samantha ones too, they were so amazing and awesome, made me wanna go and live during that time...lol :p

hmm...woo i wanna cosplay too, me and my friends wanna do it when we go to japan one day :D i really like card captor sakuras outfit its so cute >_<

lol oh yah ABC lol its ok ...I understand about that ABC thing, but for some reason friends from asia that just came think I'm "fob" just like them, but I tell them that I was born in US and there like what!?? :D lol

congrats on the award!!!
(and thx for tagging me )

Lisa said...

That's a lot of tags.

OMG!OMG! Love the dresses. So feminine yet so classic. You and I have the same taste ^^

I heart soups and stews too especially when I got so sick of eating heavy flavor stuff.

Babybubblz said...

That bag is amazing. It's gorgeous!

I also love woot T-shirts =) Threadless.com is another great one

Shop N' Chomp said...

The pink flats with the bow? Totally cute! :) And I'd like one of your mean Pina Coladas pleez...

FriendzCentury said...

I've watched both of your fav' TVB series. Maybe I can bring some TVB dramas with me when I head over for dinner :)