I'm finally posting after a few weeks... Emily had tagged me but I had to do some searching. How do I see myself dressing in the future? Where do I want to go?
I want to go:
The cute Amy had tagged me a little while back too for the Gorgeous Blogger award! She is so sweet! I love her blog. If you have not checked out her blog already, take a lookie here.
The rules of this award is to list 6 interesting facts:
1. I like to read. I think it started around 4th or 5th grade when a teacher purchased American Girl books... Withing a year or so, I could read a adult novel (not kids books or young adult) in a day. Teachers that chose me to read out loud has always complained that I read tooooo fast and that I am toooooo robotic! LOL! I would love to have more time to read nowadays... BTW, my fav AG was Samantha.
2. I have so many subscriptions to fashion magazines, a dresser that is overflowing, and a walk-in-closet that can fit no more, full of pretty girly things but I wear the same type of clothes most of the time: a pair of jeans and a solid colored t-shirt. I own skirts and shorts but I don't like my legs so I'm actually whiter than both my White co-workers (yes, we did a comparison!!) because they don't touch day-light. I am considered very boring because I am matchy-matchy all the time but I like what I like so what can I do? I can't please everyone. A site that I buy from a lot: Shirt.Woot. Here is one of my fav designs from the site:
3. I love soups/stews. Even when it's 100 degrees out, I don't mind having it. I never understood how my father could drink a hot cup of tea every morning even during the summer until recently. A few of my favorites are Clam Chowder from Outback Steakhouse, Haemul Jeongol (해물전골), and Chicken Abalone (Chinese version!!).
pic from wikipedia
4. I used to have a beauty mark on my left cheek but I had it removed by laser a few years ago.
5. I have always been interested in Cosplay but never had a chance to wear an actual one. A dress I always wanted to wear from Card Captor Sakura:
6. I am a ABC, American born Chinese. Technically not true because I was not born in the US although I have been here since being 2 months old. I am called ABC by friends who has attended school for a few years in Hong Kong.... I am pretty fluent in Cantonese (I have no accent but I may not understand some harder words) and it is all thanks to TVB!!! LOL! I grew up watching dramas. :) 2 of my current fav even though kinda old:
Wonderful Amy also tagged me to do a virtual dinner party! Hosting a dinner party is really fun so I hope you have a good time!
The question is: If you were going to allow us to spend a night at your home, we'd like to know the following:
1. What books are on your favorite shelf?
I do not currently have many books on my bookshelf besides textbooks, loads of magazines, and cookbooks. All my books are packed away in my parent's attic because I only have 1 bookshelf in my apartment. All the books I have read the past few months were from the public library in my town.
2. What DVD's are on your favorite shelf?
Haha... I don't have a favorite shelf because I only have 1 shelf. I don't own many DVD's... I have a lot of Studio Ghibli films such as My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle. I used to have Netflix before so I never really needed to purchase an actual DVD and now I have On Demand!
3. What are your 2 favorite cookbooks?
Vignette of Korean Cooking and Bento Boxes.
4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests.
Hong Hap Tang (Simple Mussel Soup), Bulgogi (served with rice and many other Korean sides), and paht bing soo!
5. What will we drinking that is available?
Water, Lemon Iced Tea, Calpico Lychee, Calpico Mango, Aloe Vera Juice, and non-virgin Pina Colada! My friends say that I make a "mean"(whatever that means, LOL) drink!
You you ladies all enjoyed your night!
Now I'm going to tag the following lovely ladies for all 3 if you have not done these already: