Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAS) are naturally occuring acids found in fruits and milk, used topically to reduce the appearance of fine lines. AHAs help speed up the skin's natural exfoliation process, helping it shed dead skin cells. They can improve the texture of skin, unclog pores, and help prevent breakouts. Glycolic acid is one of the commonly used AHAs. Do not use products containing salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid), which is too harsh for general exfoliation, as they are intended for use only on problem skin areas.
Anti-Aging The best formula is a healthy lifestyle. Nothing will stop the clock. Poor diet, excessive drinking, smoking, lack of exercise, and sunburn all accelerate the effects of aging on the skin.
Antioxidants help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, molecules with an unpaired electron. They cause oxidation that can damage cellular material. Vitamins A, C, and E, beta-carotene, green tea, and grape seed extract are all highly effective antioxidants.
The page before the Skincare Glossary has a section on Sunscreen Application.
- Apply sunscreen at least once a day, and use an adequate amount of the product.
- Clean the skin before application.
- Apply to cool, dry skin twenty to thirty minutes before exposure. Cool, dry skin allows sunscreen to bind affectively. When sunscreen is applied to warm skin, the open pores can become irritated and rashes can develop.
- Two applications help cover any missed spots.
- Apply moisturizer and makeup over sunscreen.
- Reapply during the day, depending on your rate of perspiration and the amount of sun exposure.
So I had a little date with the Hubby and we had dinner at So Gong Dong in Palisades Park. This small restaurant specializes in Soon-Dubu. The food was pretty good but I did not like that it was so noisy.... It felt like people were screaming at the top of their lungs. We were trying to talk but could not hear each other so we just ate and left. It could also be that they placed the tables to close to each other.... I would go again for the food but not at dinner time...
Afterwords, we stopped by H-Mart. I did some food shopping... I wound up just putting things into the cart because packages looked cute. I picked up this Pat Bing Soo set.... Actually, I put it in my cart just because I saw strawberry syrup (at that point, I did not know what it was yet). Now, I just need an Ice Shaver.... Can't wait to try it!
The Hubby also got me the 15th Anniversary Issue of Ceci Magazine May 09. It came with a free Orbis UV Cut Sunscreen on Face Original with SPF 32.